Your e-mail message:
"Dear Sir,
"Thank you.
"Dear Sir,
"I would like to inquire if you are offering a one on one tutorial for Basic Oil Painting? If yes, How much do you charge and how many sessions do I need before I could be able to paint?
"I am very much eager to learn the basics of Oil Painting.
"Thank you.
"_________"
My reply:
Hello __________!
I don't give such tutorials. I suggest that you contact Fernando B. Sena, whom I consider to be an excellent teacher. He has a facebook account.
I first painted in oils when I was 12, in seventh grade, stopped during college and graduate school, and picked it up again 20 years before I retired from employment. You can paint as soon as you begin using the medium, but it will take a lifetime to master the medium.
It also helps to read up on books about oil painting.
I wish you the best of luck, and hope that you will eventually show me your paintings.
No comments:
Post a Comment